Friday, April 9, 2010

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I have been sooo neglectful! I am finishing up my last month of school, and I decided that I need/ed to take a break from my blog for a bit and prepare everything else for now. I can count all of my assignments due on two hands, and I have to write my senior paper. So, I am still in the kitchen, working, gardening, schooling, dreaming, dog sitting/house sitting, biking(!), but I will be back to you some time in Mid-May. Here is a little share of some things I have been doing.
And... this is what my garden holds as of now: Oregano, rosemary, lavender, dill, sage, marigolds, swish chard, kale, lettuce, onions, and carrots. I am hoping to get some beans, peas, squash, tomatoes (this is a must), asparagus, and peppers out there. I also strewn about wildflowers along a path in our backyard (in a semi-organized manner). Enjoy April and all of your spring starter plants!! See you in May!

Kitchen happenings. Top (left) mini pork meatballs (right) zucchini bread. I can't wait to grow my own! Bottom (left) heirloom mini tomatoes from D'lish (right) simple chicken, tomato, basil-tomato pasta, oil, and Parmesan salad.

Meet Rufus and Scooter! I got to hang out with these guys for a week and play!
And (outside of schoolwork and cooking) this is what I have been up to recently! Tending to some indoor plants that don't take well to early Minnesota spring planting. I just "invested" in a new/used bike from the Sibley Bike Depot- a place where you can get relatively inexpensive, nice, recycled bikes. I have been riding it everywhere and hoping that my grandpa and dad can rig me something like this for my graduation present so that I can use it all over this summer (just think grocery shopping with a bike, picnics, garden centers, rummage sales.. there are endless possibilities!). And lastly, there are a few pictures of my "garden". I hope that everything starts to pop up soon (with some calculation most plants should be popping up mid-to late-May =]! Yay!

I will keep you posted if there are any other exciting happenings that pop up. In the mean time have happy plantings and playing in the outdoors!

I am attending Minneapolis ArtCrank this weekend. What are you guys up to this weekend/spring. Are you planning anything fun outdoors?

2 comments:

  1. In case anyone is trying to figure out what Erika is talking about that her grandpa and dad are trying to make her...... it is a cart to pull behing her bike, some sort of home made goofy looking thing.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yes yes it is! If you want to see a picture of it click on the "this" word that is bolded in the text. Can you imagine if you could bike to the grocery store and pick up all of the food you need with ease! Thats my goal this summer. Thanks dad!

    ReplyDelete